UK: Wentworth seals supermarket listing
Wentworth Brewery has secured a listing in one of the big four UK supermarkets.
The company said yesterday (9 August) that Asda will initially stock bottled real ales Wentworth Pale Ale and Oatmeal Stout across its network in the north of the country.
One of the first stores to stock Wentworth's bottled ales will be Chapeltown in Sheffield, which is Wentworth's local store.
"We're delighted to be supplying ASDA - a good traditional Yorkshire-based supermarket with a discerning customer base - that will enjoy WOPPA and Oatmeal Stout, we are sure," said Steve Beech, Wentworth's managing director.
"It is the first time our bottled beers will be widely available across the region via a national chain, so we are naturally very excited."
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Cognac is back - is Remy Cointreau ready?
- Soft drinks is losing the recycling game
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- Pernod Ricard posts solid YTD sales jump - results
- Pernod Ricard YTD fiscal-2017 sales performance
- Cognac needs innovation at bottom end - Pernod
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World