UK: Wentworth seals supermarket listing
Wentworth Brewery has secured a listing in one of the big four UK supermarkets.
The company said yesterday (9 August) that Asda will initially stock bottled real ales Wentworth Pale Ale and Oatmeal Stout across its network in the north of the country.
One of the first stores to stock Wentworth's bottled ales will be Chapeltown in Sheffield, which is Wentworth's local store.
"We're delighted to be supplying ASDA - a good traditional Yorkshire-based supermarket with a discerning customer base - that will enjoy WOPPA and Oatmeal Stout, we are sure," said Steve Beech, Wentworth's managing director.
"It is the first time our bottled beers will be widely available across the region via a national chain, so we are naturally very excited."
Sectors: Beer & cider
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Are we about to see a no-alcohol Heineken?
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- A-B InBev's Global Presence - just The Facts
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- Diageo strengthens Charmer Sunbelt distribution
- “New normal” sees Pernod target premium in China
- Pernod Ricard keen to stem Absolut US declines
- Heineken adds to UK on-trade footprint
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research