US: Wente appoints export directors
The California wine business Wente Family Estates has promoted Marc Bourreli to the position of export director, Latin America and Europe, and Michael Parr to the position of export director, Canada and Asia-Pacific.
Both Bourreli and Parr have been with Wente Family Estates for a number of years, and both have been instrumental in developing the company's strong international presence.
Bourreli has an extensive background in the international food and wine business, having held executive management positions in European, Asian, and Latin American countries. Bourreli holds a Master's degree from The Marseilles School of Hotel Management in his native country of France.
Throughout his career Parr has held executive positions in the wine industry, with a particular emphasis and expertise in Asian markets, including a five-year stint based in China's emerging wine market as sales director for a leading wine importer. Parr holds a degree in International Business Management from Denison University.
"We are pleased to promote, from within the organization, people of such extraordinary talent to manage the company's international sales efforts," said Andrew Fromm, executive vice president of sales and marketing for Wente Family Estates. According to Fromm, "Export markets play an important role in our brand development and overall business strategy."
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends