Product Launch - GLOBAL: Wemyss Malts' Lord Elcho
Click through to view Wemyss Malts' Lord Elcho
Wemyss Malts' Lord Elcho
Category - Spirits, whisky, Scotch, blended, 15-year-old, 40% abv
Available - From today (17 September)
Location - Specialist off-sales; France, Taiwan, Germany, Netherlands, UK, Travel Retail
Price - SRP GBP49.50 (US$81) per 70cl
Distribution - France, Rimauresq; Taiwan, Dong Hsun Hsin Trading; Germany, Alba Import; Netherlands, Whisky Import Netherlands; UK, Speciality Drinks and Select Drams; Travel Retail, World of Patria
Wemyss Malts has launched a 15-year-old blended Scotch to exploit the growing blended Scotch sector in international markets.
Lord Elcho will launch in a number of markets including the UK, France, Taiwan, Netherlands and Travel Retail, Wemyss said today (17 September). “For many markets, blended Scotch is the most established part of the market and Lord Elcho will give Wemyss an opportunity to take a small share of this market,” the company told just-drinks.
Wemyss Malts launches new premium blended Scotch Whisky – Lord Elcho
Boutique spirits company Wemyss Malts is delighted to announce its first entry into the premium blended Scotch whisky market with the launch of a new 15 years old Scotch called Lord Elcho.
The whisky is named after Wemyss Malts founder’s 18th century ancestor who was a loyal supporter to Bonnie Prince Charlie and led his lifeguards at the Battle of Culloden during the ill-fated Jacobite uprising in 1745. For his part in the uprising, Elcho was stripped of his title and lands and exiled to France, never returning to his native Scotland.
Lord Elcho’s brave character is now recreated in this new premium blended Scotch whisky. Imbued with the refined masculine spirit of its namesake, Lord Elcho blended Scotch whisky is rich, smooth and aged to perfection. Crafted from a carefully chosen selection of the finest malt and grain whiskies (each aged a minimum of 15 years) with an emphasis on malt whisky matured in sherry casks, Lord Elcho is truly a noble whisky with a noble heritage.
The launch of Lord Elcho is the second time that Wemyss Malts has used the Wemyss family history as inspiration for a new brand. Their Darnley’s View gin brand commemorates the meeting of Mary Queen of Scots and Lord Darnley at the family seat of Wemyss Castle in Fife in 1565.
William Wemyss, Founder and Managing Director at Wemyss Malts, commented: “The continued growth of Scotch whisky across the world has encouraged us to launch our first entrant into the blended Scotch segment. The story of my ancestor has provided us with an authentic and compelling story to build a new brand for our range.”
Original source: Company Release
Heineken last week announced plans to build a 1.5m-litre capacity brewery in Ethiopia, which, with the second-largest population in Africa, is a major focus for international brewers....
- Why did Mast-Jägermeister buy Sidney Frank?
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard's FY fiscal-2015 - Preview
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research