UK: Wells & Young's redesigns Waggle Dance
UK brewer Wells and Young's is relaunching Waggle Dance, its honey-flavoured 5% abv ale, with a new look.
The redesign comes as part of a push by the brewer to "re-establish Wells Waggle Dance's credentials in the ale sector and to differentiate it on-shelf", the company said today (8 July).
The new look, inspired by the "Waggle Dance" after which the beer is named, is the figure of eight movement that a bee performs in order to alert its hive to a source of nectar.
David Jenkins at design consultancy Blue Marlin, said: "Waggle Dance aims to target an audience of relatively affluent male beer drinkers aged 35-50 who are looking to try something different. Our brief was to communicate the brand's positioning more clearly, emphasising the 'denoters' of honey, such as the bee and hive, with impact and intrigue."
In May Wells and Young's renewed its licensing deal with Japanese brewer Kirin in the UK, securing long-term brewing, sales and marketing rights for the super-premium Japanese lager, Kirin Ichiban.
Cadbury officially put its Australian soft drinks business up for sale this week following a strategic review of the business....
The Australian drinks industry has certainly experienced a shake-up in the last week following Coca-Cola Amatil's rebuffal of Lion Nathan's A$7.7bn (US$4.75bn) takeover bid. The offer, which Lion Nath...
Australia's drinks industry could be facing a few seismic shifts over the next few months....
Lion Nathan has told officials at the Australian Securities Exchange that it has no concrete explanation for a suddent drop in the brewer's share price....
Cadbury has officially put its Australian soft drinks business up for sale, following a strategic review....
Coca-Cola Amatil is seeking approval from New Zealand's competition authority to buy fruit drinks brand Baker Halls....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Diageo has confirmed that it is switching importers for its Guinness, Kilkenny and Smirnoff Ice brands in Japan....
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research