UK: Wells & Young’s outsources southern distribution
Wells & Young's Brewing Company is looking to outsource its southern secondary distribution.
The company's distribution in the region, currently handled out of depots in London, needs to move on due to the premises being vacated next year.
Wells & Young's said late last week that it plans to outsource these accounts to Kuehne + Nagel Drinks Logistics (KNDL) in future. If successful, the proposal, subject to board approval, will be completed by early next year.
The company said it had considered leasing warehouse space in south London, but with the recent acquisition of Courage Brands from S&N UK, it believed a third party solution would be more effective.
KNDL is one of the UK's leading drinks distributors, and specialises in the distribution of beverages to the on- and off-trade. The company employs 2,900 people and has a UK network of over 22 depots and 4 RDCs.
Sectors: Beer & cider
A glance at the "Water List" at exclusive London hotel Claridge's may give one a glimpse into the future for the water sector. The lofty prices being asked for exotic waters sourced from far-flung cou...
Supply chain provider Wincanton has extended its drinks operations in the UK with a five-year deal with E&J Gallo....
C&C Group has extended the title-sponsorship agreement between its Irish cider brand Magners and Celtic Rugby for an additional year....
The head of Scottish & Newcastle is to visit Copenhagen, the home of Carlsberg, tomorrow (23 November) to re-outline his attempts to defend the brewer from Carlsberg and Heineken's takeover attempt....
Carlsberg has declined to comment on a call from a Scottish & Newcastle shareholder for the Danish brewer to give further details on the brewers' joint venture in Eastern Europe....
Nestlé has opened a research and development centre in Orbe, Switzerland, with its sole focus being drinks consumed 'on the go'....
Carlsberg and Heineken have dismissed Scottish & Newcastle's trading update yesterday (20 November) as "unconvincing"....
The likelihood of a union between InBev and Anheuser-Busch has become a stronger possibility, following SABMiller's acquisition of Grolsch, according to a drinks analyst....
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research