Product Launch - UK: Wells & Young's McEwan's Red
Click through to view Wells & Young's McEwan's Red
Wells & Young's McEwan's Red
Category - Beer, ale, 3.6% abv
Available - From this month in the on-trade, Morrisons, then and Tesco from July
Location - UK, focus on Scotland and Northern England
Price - SRP of GBP4.99 (US$7.60) per 4x44cl multipack; on-trade SRP of GBP3.25 per pint
Wells & Young's have launched what it claims is the “first chapter in the regeneration” of its McEwan's brand.
McEwan's Red is a Scottish beer aimed at the 30-35 male demographic, Wells & Young's said at its launch in Edinburgh, Scotland, today (17 April). Designed as an “everyday pint”, McEwan's Red will be backed by a TV and print advertising campaign.
The first TV spot will air nation-wide on May 25 with more promotional activity will follow, Wells & Young's said.
Chairman Paul Wells told just-drinks he wants the new beer to help McEwan's break through to English markets, while repositioning the brand with a younger generation.
This month, Wells & Young's partnered with US brewer Dogfish Head Brewery to launch DNA New World IPA.
- Comment - Another One Bites Bacardi's Dust
- The End of the Road for International Beer Brands?
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q4 & FY
- Comment - Hybrid Spirits: Innovation or Laziness?
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- Bacardi announces CFO switch
- Pernod bemoans tough FY as sales, profits drop
- SABMiller exec to become CFO at Beam Suntory
- Brown-Forman unveils Jack Daniel's UK push