UK: Wells & Young's hires ex-Diageo exec to lead McEwan's
Wells & Young's has developed new beers in the McEwan's range
UK brewer Wells & Young's has installed a head of its McEwan's beer brand as it ups its focus on Scotland.
Peter Mooney takes on the newly-created role of GM for McEwan’s Beer Company, Wells & Young's said yesterday (14 November). Mooney, a former Diageo and Coca-Cola Co marketing head, most recently worked as a consultant to McEwan’s developing new beers, inclduing McEwan’s Red.
He will lead the existing McEwan’s sales team covering Scotland and the North East, as well as a new marketing team for McEwan’s and fellow Scottish beer brand Younger’s.
Justin Phillimore, MD at Wells & Young’s, said: “Establishing a new structure with a dedicated team means we can take our vision for the beers up a gear.”
A Wells & Young's spokesperson told just-drinks that Mooney started in his new role at the end of October.
Wells & Young’s acquired the McEwan’s and Younger’s brands in 2011 from Heineken UK. The brewer launched McEwan’s Red in April.
It looks like 2014 is shaping up to be the year of surprises in the spirits industry. First up, in January, we saw Beam Inc head in a direction that few of us foresaw. Then, today, Whyte & Mackay has ...
After months of speculation, a buyer for Scotch whisky producer Whyte & Mackay finally emerged today (9 May). Philippines-based Emperador Inc has agreed to acquire the business from Diageo-controlled ...
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Private equity poised for SABMiller Europe buy?
- AB InBev to sell SABMiller Cent'l, E Europe assets
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carbonates in India
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?