UK: Wells & Young's gives Bombardier fresh push with record advertising spend
Wells & Young's latest push follows last year's ad campaign starring Rik Mayall as the Bombardier
This story originally appeared on just-drinks yesterday (2 April), but is being published again today due to a technical error.
Wells & Young's is spending a record GBP5m (US$8m) in the UK promoting its Bombardier beer brand for 2012, which will include a new TV advert and social media activity.
As part of the campaign, the Bedford-based company will become the official sponsor of UK entertainment channel Dave during its weekday evening slot. The sponsorship will launch on Dave on 16 April, with adverts running weekdays from 2100 to midnight, five days a week.
The 10- to 15-second adverts build upon last year's advertising campaign starring Rik Mayall as the “English, ever reliable and damned tasty” Bombardier, the company said.
Chris Lewis, Wells & Young’s marketing director, said: "Sponsorship of Dave prime time allows us to showcase not only the humour, eccentricity and depth of The Bombardier, but gives us long term exposure to promote the values, messages and strong proposition of the brand to the Dave viewers.”
- A tobacco analogy soft drinks will want to embrace
- PepsiCo to consider more re-franchising - CEO
- Cleaning China's seedier side brings Remy balance
- just The Preview - SABMiller's Q1
- Pernod's Portman Group penalty - a coincidence?
- Diageo's Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned
- Diageo faces public consultation over W&M sale
- William Grant silent on Drambuie bid talk
- Bacardi to fight US football team legal action
- Remy posts Q1 sales drop as Edrington loss bites