UK: Wells & Young's gives Bombardier biggest UK marketing push
Wells & Young’s has lined up its biggest marketing investment behind the Bombardier beer brand in the UK.
The brewer said earlier today (13 May) that it will spend in the region of GBP4m (US$6.5m) on the push, which will focus on a television advert that will run from this month for six weeks. The ad will introduce a character called The Bombardier, played by actor Rik Mayall, as well as the strapline: 'Bombardier – Bang on!'
"Marketing in the ale category needs a creative shake up,” said Wells & Young’s marketing director, Chris Lewis. “There are too many woolly jumpers and cosy corners that patronise our drinkers. Creating The Bombardier, and bringing in Rik Mayall to play him, is our way of adding some much needed creative flair and humour to ale advertising.”
The campaign also includes social media, with YouTube, Facebook and Twitter channels, longer-form video content for the web, PR investment and in-pub activation.
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- Diageo, Heineken and NBL in South Africa & Namibia
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- Pernod launches pomegranate whisky drink
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research