UK: Wells & Young's appoints director of brands
Wells & Young's has created the new role to boost the profile of its "diverse" portfolio
Wells & Young's has appointed a director of brands - a newly-created post at the UK brewer.
Phil Toms, currently marketing controller at Nestle Cereals, will take on the new role in November, the Bedford-based brewer said yesterday (24 July). The role has been created to "ensure each beer has a defined plan to meet customer expectations by driving footfall and increasing profit through a strong connection with its target consumers", the company said.
Toms, who also runs a web-based wedding messaging business, will report in to commerical director David Revell.
"Phil has a proven track record in developing brand performance at Nestlè Cereals... this will be invaluable as he shapes our strategy to build on the individual strengths of a diverse portfolio," said Revell.
The third in our five-part review of 2012 sees Ben Cooper consider how the last 12 months have treated the bottled water category....
Ice River Springs Water is to buy the assets of Nestle Waters-owned Arrowhead Water for US$1.65m....
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Are we about to see a no-alcohol Heineken?
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- Diageo strengthens Charmer Sunbelt distribution
- Heineken adds to UK on-trade footprint
- Brewers of Europe recruits communications director
- US drives Cognac export turnaround - figures
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research