UK: Wells & Young's appoints director of brands
Wells & Young's has created the new role to boost the profile of its "diverse" portfolio
Wells & Young's has appointed a director of brands - a newly-created post at the UK brewer.
Phil Toms, currently marketing controller at Nestle Cereals, will take on the new role in November, the Bedford-based brewer said yesterday (24 July). The role has been created to "ensure each beer has a defined plan to meet customer expectations by driving footfall and increasing profit through a strong connection with its target consumers", the company said.
Toms, who also runs a web-based wedding messaging business, will report in to commerical director David Revell.
"Phil has a proven track record in developing brand performance at Nestlè Cereals... this will be invaluable as he shapes our strategy to build on the individual strengths of a diverse portfolio," said Revell.
The third in our five-part review of 2012 sees Ben Cooper consider how the last 12 months have treated the bottled water category....
Ice River Springs Water is to buy the assets of Nestle Waters-owned Arrowhead Water for US$1.65m....
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Kraft Foods agrees Heinz merger
- Anheuser-Busch InBev lines up new chairman
- Chilli targets beer with Rekorderlig Dry Apple
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014