Product Launch - US: Wellness Works' Oatworks
Click through to view Oatworks
Wellness Works' Oatworks
Category - Nutritional drinks, smoothie, liquid breakfast
Available - From last month
Location - US, Amazon.com
Price - US$3.79 per 12oz bottle
Health and wellness firm Wellness works has launched an oat smoothie that the company claims is an easy-to-grab breakfast in a bottle.
Oatworks combines oats with fruit juice in a 12oz bottle, the company said this week. It is available in the US through online retailer Amazon.
The Oatworks offering comprises three smoothie flavours: peach mango, strawberry banana and pomegranate blueberry.
To read an insight into the appeal of liquid breakfasts among consumers, click here.
Understanding that many people don't have time to prepare a balanced breakfast each day, Oatworks set out to offer the heart-healthy benefits of oats in a natural smoothie with the great taste of real fruit in one convenient, easy-to-grab bottle. The oat beta glucan in Oatworks is a great way to start the day, helping the consumer to feel fuller longer and stay energized as they live life on-the-go. Oatworks is also ideal as an afternoon pick-me-up or pre/post workout beverage.
Recognizing the dilemma for busy consumers who want to start their day with a bowl of nutrient-rich oatmeal, but lack the time to prepare it, Oatworks has introduced a natural smoothie combining the power of oats with 100 per cent real fruit juice in a convenient, easy-to-enjoy format.
Oatworks is packed full of beta glucan, a naturally-occurring soluble fiber that is considered to be the healthiest part of the oat and which is responsible for many of oatmeal’s key health benefits. Beta glucan helps reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease by lowering cholesterol, provides sustained energy release without the crash and also increases satiety, making you feel fuller longer.
“Oatwrks addresses the need from busy consumers to enjoy a convenient, nutrient-rich breakfast on the go,” noted David Peters, CEO of Wellness Works, which manufactures the product. “Our oat-powered smoothies combine the well-recognized health benefits of oats with real fruit to create a delicious and genuinely healthy ‘snackfast.’ They are also the perfect way to extend the appeal of oatmeal beyond breakfast throughout the day.”
One single-serve bottle of Oatworks contains as much soluble fiber as two bowls of oatmeal, as well as the benefits of fruit. Oatworks keeps consumers satisfied longer, giving them more sustained energy and reducing cravings to snack. The oat-based smoothies are ideal for those who need an energizing breakfast on the go, a quick pick-me-up or a boost pre or post workout.
The Oatworks debut features three smoothie flavors: Peach Mango, Strawberry Banana and Pomegranate Blueberry. The drinks are vegan-friendly, gluten-free and contain no GMOs or added sugar. Oatworks’ packaging supports the brand’s dedication to help people live a healthier lifestyle.
The whimsical label design features the brand’s signature “oat landscape” within a purple and off-white color scheme that plays homage to the inspiration behind Oatworks. The “O” also serves as a peek to what’s inside, revealing the natural color and smoothness of each flavor— an emphasis on the “what you see, is what you get” reinforcing the brand’s natural appeal. Oatworks retails for $3.79 per 12 fl oz bottle and will be available in June.
Original source: Company Release
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Asahi Group lifts 2016 sales, profits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends