USA: Welch's Names Peter Martin Vice President, Marketing
In his new role, Martin will be responsible for all aspects of Welch's domestic marketing programs including advertising, corporate communications and marketing research.
"I'm very happy to announce Peter Martin's promotion," said Daniel P. Dillon, president and CEO of Welch's. "Peter's strong business background and expertise in many facets of marketing will play an integral role in Welch's continued success as an industry leader."
Martin joined Welch's in 1993 as director, sales, for the eastern sales area. Beginning in 1996, he served as director, customer marketing, for two years before being named director, product marketing, in 1998. Earlier this year, he had been named product marketing vice president. Martin has worked in the consumer products industry for 18 years. Prior to joining Welch's, Martin was vice president in charge of trade marketing for Brach & Brock Confections (formerly E.J. Brach Company).
Martin, 40, graduated with a B.A. in economics from Trinity College in Hartford, Conn. He currently resides in Lowell, Mass., with his wife and four children.
Martin replaces Randy Papadellis who left Welch's to accept a position at Ocean Spray.
Welch's is the world's leading marketer of Concord and Niagara grape-based products, including grape juice and jelly. The company produces a variety of other fruit-based products, including 100% juices, juice cocktails and drinks in the following forms: bottled, refrigerated, single-serve, and frozen and shelf-stable concentrates. In addition, Welch's produces a number of fruit spread products under both the Welch's and BAMA brand names. Welch's web site can be found at: www.welchs.com.
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- SABMiller edges Diageo as beer trumps spirits
- Focus - SABMiller's FY Sales Performance by Region
- Will Keurig Kold come to Coca-Cola Co's Rescue?
- Comment - Heineken's move for Pivovarna Lasko
- Rémy Cointreau eyes recovery after Q4 bounceback
- Carlsberg exec joins Diageo as Africa chief steps
- Diageo YTD sales come in flat
- Belvedere unveils executive team
- Stock Spirits recruits Drambuie head for MD role