USA: Welch's Names Peter Martin Vice President, Marketing
Welch's, the world's leading producer of Concord and Niagara grape-based products, today announced that Peter Martin has been promoted to vice president, marketing. Martin previously served as Welch's product marketing vice president. The appointment is effective immediately. In his new role, Martin will be responsible for all aspects of Welch's domestic marketing programs including advertising, corporate communications and marketing research. "I'm very happy to announce Peter Martin's promotion," said Daniel P. Dillon, president and CEO of Welch's. "Peter's strong business background and expertise in many facets of marketing will play an integral role in Welch's continued success as an industry leader." Martin joined Welch's in 1993 as director, sales, for the eastern sales area. Beginning in 1996, he served as director, customer marketing, for two years before being named director, product marketing, in 1998. Earlier this year, he had been named product marketing vice president. Martin has worked in the consumer products industry for 18 years. Prior to joining Welch's, Martin was vice president in charge of trade marketing for Brach & Brock Confections (formerly E.J. Brach Company). Martin, 40, graduated with a B.A. in economics from Trinity College in Hartford, Conn. He currently resides in Lowell, Mass., with his wife and four children. Martin replaces Randy Papadellis who left Welch's to accept a position at Ocean Spray. Welch's is the world's leading marketer of Concord and Niagara grape-based products, including grape juice and jelly. The company produces a variety of other fruit-based products, including 100% juices, juice cocktails and drinks in the following forms: bottled, refrigerated, single-serve, and frozen and shelf-stable concentrates. In addition, Welch's produces a number of fruit spread products under both the Welch's and BAMA brand names. Welch's web site can be found at:
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research