USA: Welch's Names Peter Martin Vice President, Marketing
Welch's, the world's leading producer of Concord and Niagara grape-based products, today announced that Peter Martin has been promoted to vice president, marketing. Martin previously served as Welch's product marketing vice president. The appointment is effective immediately. In his new role, Martin will be responsible for all aspects of Welch's domestic marketing programs including advertising, corporate communications and marketing research. "I'm very happy to announce Peter Martin's promotion," said Daniel P. Dillon, president and CEO of Welch's. "Peter's strong business background and expertise in many facets of marketing will play an integral role in Welch's continued success as an industry leader." Martin joined Welch's in 1993 as director, sales, for the eastern sales area. Beginning in 1996, he served as director, customer marketing, for two years before being named director, product marketing, in 1998. Earlier this year, he had been named product marketing vice president. Martin has worked in the consumer products industry for 18 years. Prior to joining Welch's, Martin was vice president in charge of trade marketing for Brach & Brock Confections (formerly E.J. Brach Company). Martin, 40, graduated with a B.A. in economics from Trinity College in Hartford, Conn. He currently resides in Lowell, Mass., with his wife and four children. Martin replaces Randy Papadellis who left Welch's to accept a position at Ocean Spray. Welch's is the world's leading marketer of Concord and Niagara grape-based products, including grape juice and jelly. The company produces a variety of other fruit-based products, including 100% juices, juice cocktails and drinks in the following forms: bottled, refrigerated, single-serve, and frozen and shelf-stable concentrates. In addition, Welch's produces a number of fruit spread products under both the Welch's and BAMA brand names. Welch's web site can be found at:
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Heineken Q1 2017 by region - results data
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Remy Cointreau Fiscal-2017 sales - results data
- Soft drinks is losing the recycling game
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- TWE's Beringer Main & Vine Dry Rosé - NPD
- Edrington shifts innovation to US in shake-up
- Pernod Ricard posts solid YTD sales jump - results
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World