UK: Weight Watchers unveils sparkling wine for UK
Weight Watchers has prepared a sparkling variant of its wine range in the UK.
Weight Watchers Sparkling 2006, manufactured under licence by German wine producer Reh Kendermann, will be available in the country at a recommended retail price of GBP4.98 (US$10.12) per bottle. The variant has a Weight Watchers points value of one per 125ml glass - the equivalent of 80 calories - and an abv content of 8%.
"This gives retailers another opportunity to match consumer demand for both a lower in alcohol and sparkling product, not just for the festive season, but as an any-occasion wine that takes advantage of the growing popularity of year round sparking wine consumption," said Nik Schritz, managing director of Reh Kendermann.
The Weight Watchers wine range is the second fastest growing German wine brand in the UK, and the fourth largest German wine brand in volume and value, the company noted.
A delimited production area is both the main strength and weakness of a wine appellation, a guarantee of quality but a major obstacle to growth. Plans in Champagne, arguably the premier appellation of...
The steep rise in alcohol duties announced in yesterday's Budget, which the Government says will help to tackle binge drinking, follows the publication of its review of the 2005 Licensing Act last wee...
Foster's and Lion Nathan have both announced plans to cease production of RTDs with a high alcohol content and energy additives from their portfolios....
California wine producer Petroni Vineyards is in dispute with the wine consortium which administrates the Brunello di Montalcino denomination of origin in Italy over the use of the name Brunello....
Diageo and Anheuser-Busch have been attacked for "encouraging and sanctioning binge drinking" in the US in the run-up to St. Patrick's Day....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Taxes on alcohol in the UK have been raised markedly in today's (12 March) Budget announcement....
The Boston Beer Company has posted a strong set of results for the end of the year, with net profit almost trebling in the final quarter....
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- US craft beer growth slows again - IRI figures
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits