UK: Weight Watchers rolls out smoothies range in UK
Weight Watchers has lined up the UK roll-out of its yogurt smoothie range.
The company confirmed today (16 February) that the range - consisting of blueberry & blackberry with oats and raspberry & cranberry flavours - will be available in the UK following a successful trial launch in Ireland.
The smoothies will benefit from a £27m (US$38.6m) Weight Watchers advertising spend in 2009 including TV, press & outdoor advertising and radio.
Each variant will be available in single-serve 200g bottles, with an RRP of GBP1.39, and has a Weight Watchers Points value of 1 or 1.5.
"Within the smoothie market, smaller impulse varieties continue to perform well," said Hayley Roth, Weight Watchers' senior brand manager at Yoplait, who manufacture the Smoothies under license of Weight Watchers UK.
"The flavours ... have already proven popular in a test market and appeal to both loyal Weight Watchers members and new consumers who are looking to manage their weight, particularly on the go."
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- Britvic's FY Performance by Region - Focus
- A game of two halves for Remy Cointreau - Analysis
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Craft, imports near 50% share in US on-trade
- This week in spirits & wine
- Beam Suntory's Laphroaig Brodir - NPD
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts