UK: Weight Watchers rolls out smoothies range in UK
Weight Watchers has lined up the UK roll-out of its yogurt smoothie range.
The company confirmed today (16 February) that the range - consisting of blueberry & blackberry with oats and raspberry & cranberry flavours - will be available in the UK following a successful trial launch in Ireland.
The smoothies will benefit from a £27m (US$38.6m) Weight Watchers advertising spend in 2009 including TV, press & outdoor advertising and radio.
Each variant will be available in single-serve 200g bottles, with an RRP of GBP1.39, and has a Weight Watchers Points value of 1 or 1.5.
"Within the smoothie market, smaller impulse varieties continue to perform well," said Hayley Roth, Weight Watchers' senior brand manager at Yoplait, who manufacture the Smoothies under license of Weight Watchers UK.
"The flavours ... have already proven popular in a test market and appeal to both loyal Weight Watchers members and new consumers who are looking to manage their weight, particularly on the go."
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- Has Diet Coke passed its sell-by date? - Comment
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- This week in wine & spirits on just-drinks
- Spirits volumes slide in Global Travel Retail
- Pernod Ricard wins Ron Matusalem 'Cuba' legal row
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages