Product Launch - UK: Weetabix's On the Go Breakfast Drink
Weetabix is launching the drinks range this month
Weetabix's On the Go Breakfast Drink
Category - Soft drinks, breakfast drink
Available - From this month
Location - All “major” UK supermarkets; metropolitan and corner stores, plus petrol station forecourts
Price - RRP of GBP1.39 (US$2.27) per 25cl bottle
Weetabix is extending its On The Go range with the launch of a new multi-flavour breakfast drink in the UK.
The company, which is majority-owned by China's Bright Food, is releasing the milkshake drink this month in three flavours, chocolate, strawberry and vanilla. The range has "all the energy, fibre and protein of a Weetabix cereal in milk", according to the group.
The range will be available at all “major” UK supermarkets, as well as metropolitan and corner stores, plus petrol station forecourts.
The drink was developed after Weetabix research concluded that one in five UK adults skips breakfast either “often” or “occasionally” and said they were unable to get one ‘on the go’. The company launched On The Go breakfast biscuits a year ago.
Francesca Davies, Weetabix's marketing manager said: “The 'breakfast on the move' category is expected to grow more over the next three years and we want Weetabix to be leading the charge.”
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Interview - Seedlip founder, Ben Branson
- Customisable drinks - The next consumer trend
- Carlsberg to close UK distribution arm
- Pernod Ricard exec shuffle - Denis O'Flynn leaves
- Major spirits M&A remains out of sight - analyst
- C&C Group will be a Brexit victim - analyst
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater packaging revamp
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends