Product Launch - UK: Weetabix's On the Go Breakfast Drink
Weetabix is launching the drinks range this month
Weetabix's On the Go Breakfast Drink
Category - Soft drinks, breakfast drink
Available - From this month
Location - All “major” UK supermarkets; metropolitan and corner stores, plus petrol station forecourts
Price - RRP of GBP1.39 (US$2.27) per 25cl bottle
Weetabix is extending its On The Go range with the launch of a new multi-flavour breakfast drink in the UK.
The company, which is majority-owned by China's Bright Food, is releasing the milkshake drink this month in three flavours, chocolate, strawberry and vanilla. The range has "all the energy, fibre and protein of a Weetabix cereal in milk", according to the group.
The range will be available at all “major” UK supermarkets, as well as metropolitan and corner stores, plus petrol station forecourts.
The drink was developed after Weetabix research concluded that one in five UK adults skips breakfast either “often” or “occasionally” and said they were unable to get one ‘on the go’. The company launched On The Go breakfast biscuits a year ago.
Francesca Davies, Weetabix's marketing manager said: “The 'breakfast on the move' category is expected to grow more over the next three years and we want Weetabix to be leading the charge.”
- Are we about to see a no-alcohol Heineken?
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- A-B InBev's Global Presence - just The Facts
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- The Glenlivet leapfrogs Glenfiddich
- “New normal” sees Pernod target premium in China
- Diageo strengthens Charmer Sunbelt distribution
- Minimum unit pricing fails to get European backing
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Brown-Forman Corporation (BFB) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review