GERMANY: 'Wedge' developed to protect active ingredients
A German packaging group has developed a container designed to boost the shelf life of functional drinks containing active ingredients.
German packaging group RPC Bramlage has developed FreshCan, a container that keeps active ingredients separate from the liquid until the can is opened, by means of a plastic 'wedge'.
The wedge, which floats freely in the can, ensures that the dietary supplements are stored in a dry environment until the beverage is consumed.
Bramlage said that the concept was developed in combination with Ball Packaging Europe and Degussa FreshTech Beverages, for milk drinks and sport and energy drink producers.
The company said that the main difficulty was to make a waterproof wedge without impeding the easy opening of the container.
Sectors: Soft drinks
In the wake of a scandal in Australia and New Zealand where GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) was fined for misrepresenting the Vitamin C level of its Ribena brand, Graham Neale, general manager at Nutritional He...
The expanding functional soft drinks market will continue to offer opportunities for smaller companies but, writes Helen Lewis, the growth potential has attracted major drinks corporations who are exp...
Japan has led the way in functional drinks and as market maturity and demographics have slowed sales, manufacturers have continued to innovate imaginatively. Jeanette Bengtsson, soft drinks manager at...
Del Monte Foods is branching into the energy drink sector in the US....
Redux Beverages has chosen an ironic new name for its controversially-titled energy drink....
Innocent plans to launch a range of water products in the UK functional drinks market this month....
Redux Beverages, LLC, the makers of the controversial Cocaine Energy Drink, announced today that they have agreed temporarily to cease distribution of the Cocaine Energy Drink until the legality of us...
Chicago-based drinks group RushNet has signed a deal for the assets of a local beverage distributor....
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Diet Coke "a work in progress" in US - Coca-Cola
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- Heineken seeks "clarity" in Indonesia
- Pernod Ricard unveils new Absolut bottle
- Diageo's United Spirits calls on Mallya to quit
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Beam Suntory to strip down regional units
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets