USA: Webvan Announces Coca-Cola as Beverage Category Captain
Webvan Group, Inc., today announced that it has designated The Coca-Cola Company "category captain" for its beverage business, including all carbonated soft drinks, bottled waters, bottled teas and bottled juice drinks. As merchandising "captain" for the beverage category, Coca-Cola will help Webvan with product assortment, merchandising and marketing. "This relationship, with one of the world's most recognized brands, will support Webvan's efforts to serve a growing base of consumers and to achieve improved operating efficiencies and effectiveness," said George T. Shaheen, president & CEO of Webvan Group, Inc. "Working with Webvan gives Coca-Cola the opportunity to learn more about a new, emerging consumer channel," said Ralph Cooper, president of Coca-Cola North America. Webvan Group, Inc. is setting a new standard for Internet retailing, combining for the first time the convenience of online shopping with a personalized courier service that delivers products into customers' homes within a 30-minute window of their choosing. Through its Web site,
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future