USA: Webvan Announces Coca-Cola as Beverage Category Captain
Webvan Group, Inc., today announced that it has designated The Coca-Cola Company "category captain" for its beverage business, including all carbonated soft drinks, bottled waters, bottled teas and bottled juice drinks. As merchandising "captain" for the beverage category, Coca-Cola will help Webvan with product assortment, merchandising and marketing. "This relationship, with one of the world's most recognized brands, will support Webvan's efforts to serve a growing base of consumers and to achieve improved operating efficiencies and effectiveness," said George T. Shaheen, president & CEO of Webvan Group, Inc. "Working with Webvan gives Coca-Cola the opportunity to learn more about a new, emerging consumer channel," said Ralph Cooper, president of Coca-Cola North America. Webvan Group, Inc. is setting a new standard for Internet retailing, combining for the first time the convenience of online shopping with a personalized courier service that delivers products into customers' homes within a 30-minute window of their choosing. Through its Web site,
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts