USA: Webvan Announces Coca-Cola as Beverage Category Captain
Webvan Group, Inc., today announced that it has designated The Coca-Cola Company "category captain" for its beverage business, including all carbonated soft drinks, bottled waters, bottled teas and bottled juice drinks. As merchandising "captain" for the beverage category, Coca-Cola will help Webvan with product assortment, merchandising and marketing. "This relationship, with one of the world's most recognized brands, will support Webvan's efforts to serve a growing base of consumers and to achieve improved operating efficiencies and effectiveness," said George T. Shaheen, president & CEO of Webvan Group, Inc. "Working with Webvan gives Coca-Cola the opportunity to learn more about a new, emerging consumer channel," said Ralph Cooper, president of Coca-Cola North America. Webvan Group, Inc. is setting a new standard for Internet retailing, combining for the first time the convenience of online shopping with a personalized courier service that delivers products into customers' homes within a 30-minute window of their choosing. Through its Web site,
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- The Cognac Category - Everything you need to know
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- High-end Cognac making recovery in China - Pernod
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends