AUS: Weather to impact E&T vintage
Evans & Tate has reassured the market that it expects the impact of an outbreak of phylloxera at Foster's vineyards in the Yarra Valley, Victoria, to be minimal on its nearby winery.
The company said that its Oakridge Winery is located within a 5km zone of the Foster's winery at which the phylloxera outbreak was identified. Preliminary investigations at Oakridge have not revealed any similar infestation.
However, Evans & Tate said its current estimates are that there will be a material impact to the production of Oakridge branded wine in vintage 2007 as a consequence of adverse weather conditions. That said, Evans & Tate said in overall terms this will not be material to the company's revenues or financial position.
The company said that it was working on sourcing alternative Yarra Valley fruit to minimise the impact of the bad weather.
Blended Scotch whisky producers are banking on emerging markets to provide the growth to offset flat or declining sales elsewhere but a new report from just-drinks suggests this cannot be expected as ...
Foster's and Carlsberg have secured a brewing tie-up in Australia....
Foster's has lined up an addition to the Australian mid-strength beer market....
Scottish & Newcastle has had an "encouraging start" to 2007, according to the brewer's chairman....
Foster's Group has sold off its wine clubs and services group in Australia, New Zealand and Japan....
Foster's has completed a substantial share buy-back....
V&S Group is set to beef up its distribution network in the Nordic region with the acquisition of Norwegian wine and spirits distributor Amundsen....
Asia Pacific Breweries (APB) has said it is "too premature" to say how the integration of certain Vietnamese brewing assets will affect local jobs in the country....
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Belvedere proposes name change
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer