UK: WaverleyTBS makes wine team appointments
UK drinks wholesaler WaverleyTBS has appointed two new members to its wine team.
David Peek and Lucy Clements joined the business in May as wine commercial controller and wine buyer respectively, Waverley said today (11 June).
Peek previously worked for Tesco as a wine buyer and was with Majestic Wines before that.
Clements, who is currently studying for her Master of Wine (MW), is an Australian winemaker and previosuly worked at Chapel Down winery in Kent, southern England. She will work closely with Natalia Posadas-Dickson, also a wine buyer and winemaker.
Both roles will report to Neil Bruce, wine director for WaverleyTBS, and will be based at the head office in Hemel Hempstead.
As administrators plough through offers for collapsed First Quench Retailing, a sales rise from Majestic Wine today (16 November) proves that there is life yet in independent and specialist wine retai...
Recession has been the final straw for First Quench Retailing, owner of Threshers wine stores, but company accounts show the business has been struggling for some time amid a turbulent period for the ...
Les Domaines Paul Mas' Estate Single Vineyard Collection...
Majestic Wine, the UK wine retailer, has declined to comment on a report that it faces a lawsuit from a wine critic in the UK....
Majestic Wine, the UK retailer, has posted a 9% rise in half-year profits and said it was "pleased" with the company's trading performance so far this year....
Viñalba's Selección Torrontés...
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Majestic Wine, the UK retailer, has halved its minimum purchase requirement from 12 bottles to six as it looks to maintain sales in the recession....
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Comment - Hybrid Spirits: Innovation or Laziness?
- Has Coca-Cola Jumped From Frying Pan to Fire?
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- Brewers Feel Prolonged Russian Winter
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- Portman finds against Diageo "mix it up" tagline
- Diageo appoints head for Asia marketing unit
- Bacardi sees North America president step down