INDIA: Water producers question ISI issues
Bisleri, Coca-Cola, Pepsi and Nestle are all believed to want clarification on various issues including the fate of non-ISI marked bottled water available when the notification period lapses on March 29.
"Bottled water has a shelf life of six months and there will be stocks in the market without the ISI mark after the notification period," Ramesh Chauhan of Parle Bisleris told India's Business Line.
He said that the bottled water industry was making a representation, in the next couple of days, to the Ministry of Food Processing, which would, in turn, take up the case with the Ministries of Health and Consumer Affairs.
Chauhan also claims that some of the indications from the notification were contradictory. "The notification makes it mandatory for the packages to be transparent and clear. However, the materials allowed by the notification, like polyethylene and polycarbonate are not transparent and hence, it is contradictory."
Water manufacturers pointed out that they are not asking for an extension of the notification period, but for clarification on certain issues raised.
A recent report on the UK soft drinks market showed that growth in non-carbonates at the expense of traditional carbonated soft drinks is much less marked in the on-premise sector than in the take-hom...
PepsiCo has confirmed that it is to drop its low-calorie drink Pepsi Edge....
Nestle Waters has bought a majority stake in a new joint venture in Algeria....
Nestle Waters Spain has inaugurated a new water plant in Herrera del Duque near Badajoz, western Spain, a company spokesman has confirmed to just-drinks....
PepsiCo is rolling out a lime version of its Pepsi and Diet Pepsi brands....
Nestle Waters has finally reached an agreement with the CGT trade union over restructuring plans for its Perrier bottling plant....
PepsiAmericas yesterday reported a small rise in first quarter net income and earnings per share to US$20.8m and US$0.15 respectively. The results compares to net income of US$20.5m US$0.14 for the fi...
Nestle Waters is to launch a range of sugar free water drinks under its Vittel water brand in time for summer....
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 sales performance by region - Focus
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- Diageo appoints new Smirnoff head
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends