RESEARCH: Water drives French soft drink growth
French consumers are drinking almost 40% more packaged water per consumer than drinkers across the rest of Western Europe, according to research from the beverage analyst Canadean. The soft drinks market has been growing steadily in France with consumption increasing in every year since 1993 and by a total of almost 30% in the same period, the reports says. But packaged water is the overwhelming favourite. Indeed increasing concerns about both the taste and quality of tap water have resulted in low price spring water enjoying high "secondary" use in cooking and the making of hot beverages.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- CCA - Coca-Cola's Canary in the Mine
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q4 & FY
- Comment - Hybrid Spirits: Innovation or Laziness?
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- just The Preview - Brown-Forman Q1
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- SABMiller exec to become CFO at Beam Suntory
- Brown-Forman unveils Jack Daniel's UK push
- Champagne will not regain lost ground until 2018
- Bacardi announces CFO switch