NZ: Watchdogs delay Lion Independent ruling
New Zealand's competition watchdogs have reportedly delayed its decision on Lion Nathan's potential bid for Independent Liquor.
The NZ Commerce Commission has pushed back the deadline for a decision to 25 August, according to a report in the Australian Financial Review over the weekend.
Lion sought regulatory clearance to buy Independent last month, although the company insisted it was not a sign it would make a formal bid.
Analysts have estimated that it would cost A$1.1m (US$818m) to buy Independent Liquor, which appointed UBS to advise it on a potential sale in May.
A sale of the privately-owned company has been mooted since the death of its founder, Michael Erceg, in a helicopter crash last November.
Australian beer and wine group Lion Nathan is expected to announce a move into ready-to-drink spirits next week. David Robertson assesses the options available to Lion as it seeks to emulate the succe...
Lion Nathan has postponed plans to buy back shares worth A$200m (US$155m) as it eyes acquisition targets in Australia and New Zealand....
Trans-Tasman brewer and wine group Lion Nathan has confirmed its full-year profit guidance after a "solid" first quarter....
Kirin Brewery Co. has today (7 February) outlined plans to consolidate its alcohol, soft drinks and other businesses under one holding company....
Constellation Brands has lined up a replacement for the outgoing president at Hardy Wine Company. John Grant will assume the position at the Australian wine unit, replacing David Woods, who is set to ...
Independent Liquor has lined up a new chief executive to lead the New Zealand company following its sale to a private equity firm late last year....
Lion Nathan has received a sizeable tax demand, following an audit at one of its subsidiaries....
Private equity firm CCMP Capital has won the race for Independent Liquor, just-drinks understands....
- Analysis - Will Diageo call time on wine?
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- Martell's CEO & chairman, Philippe Guettat
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- Currency woes hurt Latin American FTZs - Diageo
- A-B InBev snaps up Bogotá Beer Co in Colombia
- Diageo considers wine operations sale
- A-B InBev approves new chairman
- Beam Suntory defeats 'handmade' lawsuit
- Diageo Canada adds new RTD canning line
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo Plc in Wine (World)
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets