US: Washington Wine Commission appoints new communications team
The Washington Wine Commission has appointed a new communications team to cover the increasing number of wine producers since 2003.
Gary Werner, who joined the commission as communications director in June, spent a decade working in London, with experience on national newspapers and international book publishers to UK- and US-based wine industry magazines. Most recently Gary had worked with the William Reed group.
Gary is the Commission's primary contact for trade, business and global media.
Ryan Pennington was appointed senior communications manager in mid-April. Previously, he directed several accounts for a "top ten" US public relations firm. Ryan is the primary contact for local and national (US) consumer and lifestyle media.
"Ryan and Gary are committed to developing a comprehensive and compelling communications strategy for this industry; and we are very excited about the enthusiasm, expertise and experience they bring to the task," said Commission executive director Robin Pollard.
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- William Grant upgrades Glenfiddich Cask Collection
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends