UK: Warsteiner secures European golf tie-up
Warnsteiner has secured a deal to sponsor the European Golf Tour
Warsteiner Group's namesake German beer has been named official supplier to The European Tour for golf.
As part of the deal, announced yesterday (22 March), Warsteiner will be served at all official European Tour receptions and functions throughout the 2012 season. Warsteiner will promote its sponsorship through on-pack advertising, in PR, in on- and off-trade promotions and in television and print advertising.
On-pack promotions will offer consumers an opportunity to win tickets to European Tour events.
Financial details behind the tie-up were not disclosed.
The deal also includes a series of regional event sponsorships, including the Sicilian Open at the end of March, the BMW PGA Championship in the UK in May, and the KLM Open at Hilversum in the Netherlands in September.
"We are very pleased to announce this latest partnership for the brand," said Warsteiner International marketing director Ulrich Kunert. "We have a long history of international sponsorships and partnerships in the sporting world and this latest collaboration will build on that association."
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- Comment - A New Age of VR Marketing?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- CCE head shines light on price talks
- Interview: Head brewer at Hall & Woodhouse
- Diageo considers wine operations sale
- NPD: Bacardi's Bacardi Carta Fuego
- A-B InBev approves new chairman
- Coca-Cola Co promotes North America chief
- Bacardi widens Craigellachie footprint to Asia
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo Plc in Wine (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets