GERMANY/UK: Warsteiner picks Thwaites to take UK-wide distribution
Warsteiner has chosen Thwaites as its sole UK distributor
Warsteiner Group has consolidated its distribution in the UK, selecting Thwaites to handle its on- and off-trade presence nation-wide.
The German brewer said earlier today (4 September) that Thwaites, which previously only distributed Warsteiner's namesake brand in the on-trade in the north-west of the country, has signed a “long-term” agreement covering the whole of the UK. Thwaites replaces two “partners”, Warsteiner confirmed to just-drinks.
“We felt that (our UK distribution) was too fragmented, so decided to appoint Thwaites to undertake on- and off-trade distribution across the entire UK territory,” said Catharina Cramer, managing partner of Warsteiner. “We … are happy to have another family-run company as an additional international partner at our side.”
The change will take effect from 1 October.
Earlier this year, Warsteiner extended its sponsorship of the PGA European Tour golf tournaments for a second year.
- CCA - Coca-Cola's Canary in the Mine
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q4 & FY
- Comment - Hybrid Spirits: Innovation or Laziness?
- just The Preview - Brown-Forman Q1
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- SABMiller exec to become CFO at Beam Suntory
- Brown-Forman unveils Jack Daniel's UK push
- Champagne will not regain lost ground until 2018
- Bacardi announces CFO switch