GERMANY/UK: Warsteiner picks Thwaites to take UK-wide distribution
Warsteiner has chosen Thwaites as its sole UK distributor
Warsteiner Group has consolidated its distribution in the UK, selecting Thwaites to handle its on- and off-trade presence nation-wide.
The German brewer said earlier today (4 September) that Thwaites, which previously only distributed Warsteiner's namesake brand in the on-trade in the north-west of the country, has signed a “long-term” agreement covering the whole of the UK. Thwaites replaces two “partners”, Warsteiner confirmed to just-drinks.
“We felt that (our UK distribution) was too fragmented, so decided to appoint Thwaites to undertake on- and off-trade distribution across the entire UK territory,” said Catharina Cramer, managing partner of Warsteiner. “We … are happy to have another family-run company as an additional international partner at our side.”
The change will take effect from 1 October.
Earlier this year, Warsteiner extended its sponsorship of the PGA European Tour golf tournaments for a second year.
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- just the Ten - Top News Stories of 2014
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018