GERMANY/UK: Warsteiner picks Thwaites to take UK-wide distribution
Warsteiner has chosen Thwaites as its sole UK distributor
Warsteiner Group has consolidated its distribution in the UK, selecting Thwaites to handle its on- and off-trade presence nation-wide.
The German brewer said earlier today (4 September) that Thwaites, which previously only distributed Warsteiner's namesake brand in the on-trade in the north-west of the country, has signed a “long-term” agreement covering the whole of the UK. Thwaites replaces two “partners”, Warsteiner confirmed to just-drinks.
“We felt that (our UK distribution) was too fragmented, so decided to appoint Thwaites to undertake on- and off-trade distribution across the entire UK territory,” said Catharina Cramer, managing partner of Warsteiner. “We … are happy to have another family-run company as an additional international partner at our side.”
The change will take effect from 1 October.
Earlier this year, Warsteiner extended its sponsorship of the PGA European Tour golf tournaments for a second year.
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- Focus - Coca-Cola's Q1 Performance by Region
- Diet Coke "a work in progress" in US - Coca-Cola
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Africa "subdued" but Heineken sees Q1 rises
- Elements 8 revamps rum packaging
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research