GERMANY/UK: Warsteiner picks Thwaites to take UK-wide distribution
Warsteiner has chosen Thwaites as its sole UK distributor
Warsteiner Group has consolidated its distribution in the UK, selecting Thwaites to handle its on- and off-trade presence nation-wide.
The German brewer said earlier today (4 September) that Thwaites, which previously only distributed Warsteiner's namesake brand in the on-trade in the north-west of the country, has signed a “long-term” agreement covering the whole of the UK. Thwaites replaces two “partners”, Warsteiner confirmed to just-drinks.
“We felt that (our UK distribution) was too fragmented, so decided to appoint Thwaites to undertake on- and off-trade distribution across the entire UK territory,” said Catharina Cramer, managing partner of Warsteiner. “We … are happy to have another family-run company as an additional international partner at our side.”
The change will take effect from 1 October.
Earlier this year, Warsteiner extended its sponsorship of the PGA European Tour golf tournaments for a second year.
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- What do Brewers need from the UK Government?
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Diageo ditches Shui Jing Fang plans in China
- William Grant partners Rugby World Cup
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- MillerCoors changes CMOs with immediate effect
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research