GERMANY/UK: Warsteiner picks Thwaites to take UK-wide distribution
Warsteiner has chosen Thwaites as its sole UK distributor
Warsteiner Group has consolidated its distribution in the UK, selecting Thwaites to handle its on- and off-trade presence nation-wide.
The German brewer said earlier today (4 September) that Thwaites, which previously only distributed Warsteiner's namesake brand in the on-trade in the north-west of the country, has signed a “long-term” agreement covering the whole of the UK. Thwaites replaces two “partners”, Warsteiner confirmed to just-drinks.
“We felt that (our UK distribution) was too fragmented, so decided to appoint Thwaites to undertake on- and off-trade distribution across the entire UK territory,” said Catharina Cramer, managing partner of Warsteiner. “We … are happy to have another family-run company as an additional international partner at our side.”
The change will take effect from 1 October.
Earlier this year, Warsteiner extended its sponsorship of the PGA European Tour golf tournaments for a second year.
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- What's behind Brown-Forman's Irish whiskey plans?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- How good a sustainability fit are ABI and SAB?
- Interview - Heineken global activation director
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Chandon to become "third pillar brand" for MH
- Brown-Forman silent on Southern Comfort report
- Pay freeze anger threatens Carlsberg UK site
- Stoli appoints international marketing director
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research