SPAIN: Warsteiner picks Mahou-San Miguel for Iberian distribution
Warsteiner will utilise Mahou-San Miguel's market leader status in Spain
The Warsteiner Brewery has teamed up with Mahou-San Miguel Group in the Spanish, Portuguese and Andorran markets.
The Germany-based private-owned brewer confirmed today (17 September) that it has switched its distribution of the Warsteiner Premium Verum brand from “about two dozen free beverage distributors” to Mahou-San Miguel in the three countries. The partnership, which takes effect from 20 September, will see the Spanish firm market Warsteiner in hotels and restaurants as well as in the Spanish food retail sector.
Mahou-San Miguel's beer market leadership in Spain, as well as Warsteiner's “strategic focus to expand its international business via international brewery partnerships” were the main motivations behind the tie-up, Warsteiner said.
“The partnership with Mahou-San Miguel effectively strengthens our presence in south-western Europe,” said Oliver Jaensch, sales director at Warsteiner International. “We have great confidence in the distribution capacity of Mahou-San Miguel and are happy to have another family-run company as an additional international partner at our side.”
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Interview - Seedlip founder, Ben Branson
- Why has Heineken made a Formula 1 U-turn?
- Carlsberg to close UK distribution arm
- Pernod Ricard exec shuffle - Denis O'Flynn leaves
- Major spirits M&A remains out of sight - analyst
- C&C Group will be a Brexit victim - analyst
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater packaging revamp
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends