US: Warsteiner on hunt for US marketing chief
German brewer Warsteiner is strengthening its US sales and marketing team in an effort to boost its brand presence in the country.
The privately-held family firm is on the hunt for a marketing VP, a newly-created role, for its US unit. Meanwhile, Steve Montano has been promoted from sales VP Eastern Division to sales VP, responsible for the entire US.
Montano replaces Steve Eilers, former president of Warsteiner's US unit. Warsteiner said Eiliers “recently left the company”, without giving a reason.
Eilers joined Warsteiner in July 2012 from Crown Imports.
Montano, who has previously worked for Miller Brewing Co and Anheuser-Busch, will oversee the Warsteiner's US sales team and is charged with “expanding distribution and increasing market share for Warsteiner products”, the company said.
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Global Travel Retail - What is the Grey Market?
- The European beer market - Focus
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Corporate Relations Director to leave Diageo
- Bacardi names new global communications head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Pernod Ricard pairs Usain Bolt with Mumm Champagne