EUROPE: Warsteiner Group tees up for Germany golf presence
Warsteiner has teamed up with European golf
Warsteiner Group has widened its namesake brand's sponsorship deal with the PGA European Tour to include a tour event in Germany for the first time.
The Warsteiner Brewery will host a lounge and beer garden at Munich's BMW International Open from 18-21 June, the group said today (16 April). The announcement follows Warsteiner's extension last month of its PGA European Tour deal for a second year.
“Historically, the Warsteiner Brewery has engaged in many international sponsoring and partnership endeavours in the sports world,” Warsteiner's head of events, Thorsten Terlohr, said. “Golf is increasingly gaining appeal with consumers of all ages.”
Terlohr added that the group's main focus will be on next month's BMW PGA Championship at Wentworth, Surrey, and September's KLM Open in Zandvoort, near Amsterdam.
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Protein interest offers drinks opportunities - NPD
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Rum "yet to maximise" GTR potential - Bacardi
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Keurig Green Mountain in Hot Drinks (World)
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends