EUROPE: Warsteiner Group tees up for Germany golf presence
Warsteiner has teamed up with European golf
Warsteiner Group has widened its namesake brand's sponsorship deal with the PGA European Tour to include a tour event in Germany for the first time.
The Warsteiner Brewery will host a lounge and beer garden at Munich's BMW International Open from 18-21 June, the group said today (16 April). The announcement follows Warsteiner's extension last month of its PGA European Tour deal for a second year.
“Historically, the Warsteiner Brewery has engaged in many international sponsoring and partnership endeavours in the sports world,” Warsteiner's head of events, Thorsten Terlohr, said. “Golf is increasingly gaining appeal with consumers of all ages.”
Terlohr added that the group's main focus will be on next month's BMW PGA Championship at Wentworth, Surrey, and September's KLM Open in Zandvoort, near Amsterdam.
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- SABMiller, Meantime Brewing say goodbye to 'craft'
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer