EUROPE: Warsteiner Group renews golf tie-up
Warsteiner is in its second year of sponsorship
Warsteiner Group has extended its sponsorship deal with the PGA European Tour to a second year.
The German brewer's flagship beer will be the headline sponsor at the BMW PGA Championship in Wentworth, UK, and the KLM Open in the Netherlands, the group said yesterday (11 March). On-pack promotions launched last week give UK consumers the chance to win a trip to the Wentworth event, due to be held in May, Warsteiner said.
“Warsteiner will have a high-profile presence at the BMW PGA Championship, which is the perfect platform for us to highlight our rich German heritage and show the quality of our beers to our key consumer audience,” Gordon Dow, Warsteiner area manager for the UK & Ireland, said.
Financial details of the deal were not disclosed.
Last year Warsteiner hooked up with The PGA European Tour to become its official beer supplier.
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Diageo's Q1 Results by Region
- SABMiller's troubles fuel M&A rumours
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's H1 Performance by Brand
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- Moet Hennessy sales falter in YTD
- Diageo Q1 sales dip "in line with expectations"
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss