RUSSIA: Warsteiner drops Efes for Baltika in Russia
Warsteiner has a new Russian partner, in Carlsberg's Baltika Breweries
The privately-owned German brewer said earlier today (26 February) that it has signed a “long-term” agreement that will see Baltika take over the licensed brewing and distribution of the Warsteiner brand throughout Russia. Warsteiner's previous partnership with Efes Group had been in place for ten years and has expired.
“We are confident that, with our new partner, we will be able to seamlessly build on our success of the previous years,” a company spokesperson told just-drinks today.
Maxim Lazarenko, Baltika's VP of marketing, added: “We look forward to developing Warsteiner and complementing Baltika’s portfolio with a quality premium German brand.”
Warsteiner will also look to expand its namesake brand's presence into other markets in Eastern Europe.
In its full-year results, released last week, Carlsberg, which is the market leader in Russia, flagged an overall drop in the country's beer market in 2013 of around 8%. The brewer highlighted "particularly strong performances in the super-premium and mainstream segments", however.
Beer - BRIC (Brazil, Russia, India, China) Industry Guide
The BRIC Beer industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, retail market size (value and volume 2007-11, and forecast to 2016). The prof...read more
Synopsis Canadean's "OAO Baltika Breweries: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a...
Carlsberg A/S - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offerings ...
Synopsis Canadean's "Carlsberg Brewery Malaysia Berhad : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations...
Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by Globa...
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Interview: Distell Vineyards & Estates' CEO
- just Five Years Ago - The Birth of Accolade Wines
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- NPD - DeLeon Tequila's Platinum and Reposado
- Diageo unveils Ciroc in Times Square push
- Beam Suntory appoints chief HR officer
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research