RUSSIA: Warsteiner drops Efes for Baltika in Russia
Warsteiner has a new Russian partner, in Carlsberg's Baltika Breweries
The privately-owned German brewer said earlier today (26 February) that it has signed a “long-term” agreement that will see Baltika take over the licensed brewing and distribution of the Warsteiner brand throughout Russia. Warsteiner's previous partnership with Efes Group had been in place for ten years and has expired.
“We are confident that, with our new partner, we will be able to seamlessly build on our success of the previous years,” a company spokesperson told just-drinks today.
Maxim Lazarenko, Baltika's VP of marketing, added: “We look forward to developing Warsteiner and complementing Baltika’s portfolio with a quality premium German brand.”
Warsteiner will also look to expand its namesake brand's presence into other markets in Eastern Europe.
In its full-year results, released last week, Carlsberg, which is the market leader in Russia, flagged an overall drop in the country's beer market in 2013 of around 8%. The brewer highlighted "particularly strong performances in the super-premium and mainstream segments", however.
In the second part of this month's management briefing, which looks at sustainability in the global brewing category, Ben Cooper reviews the commitments from several of the world's largest beer compan...
Carlsberg A/S - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offerings ...
In the final part of this month's management briefing, which considers sustainability in the global brewing category, Ben Cooper takes a look at the delicate balancing act that is sports sponsorship....
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Alcoholic Drinks in Russia industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also contains d...
Beer in Russia industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also contains de...
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- What's behind Brown-Forman's Irish whiskey plans?
- Interview - Heineken global activation director
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Scotch whisky sees sales turn corner - SWA head
- Former Pernod Ricard exec joins Wakefield Wines
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research