COMMENT: Hartwall/BBH: warm results may not last
Finnish brewer Hartwall has reported strong first-half results ahead of consolidation into S&N. Hartwall benefited from increased sales at its Russian joint venture, BBH. But although this market has been growing fast for many years, it has recently shown signs of slowing down. Much of the growth this time round was driven by good weather - so S&N must pray for a warm autumn if it is to reap dividends from Russia.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Comment - How Hand-Made is Tito's Handmade Vodka?
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Diageo's Q1 Results by Region
- SABMiller's troubles fuel M&A rumours
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail
- TWE unveils Penfolds range after CEO's "bold move"