Product Launch - EUROPE: Walsh Whiskey Distillery's Writers Tears 2013 Cask Strength
Click through to view Walsh Whiskey Distillery's Writers Tears 2013 Cask Strength
Walsh Whiskey Distillery's Writers Tears 2013 Cask Strength
Category - Spirits, whiskey, Irish, 53% abv
Available - From this month
Location - Ireland, Russia, Ukraine and The Netherlands
Price - RRP of EUR125 (US$171) per 70cl bottle, limited to 2,500 units
Walsh Whiskey Distillery has lined up this year's iteration of its Writers Tears Irish whiskey brand. Writers Tears 2013 is a vatting of single pot still and single malt that has been distilled three times then aged in American oak casks.
The expression will initially be available domestically, exclusively through the Celtic Whiskey Shop in Dublin, before rolling out to other markets in November.
Last week, Italian drinks firm Illva Saronno bought a 50% stake in Walsh Whiskey Distillery, an investment that will help fund construction of a new distillery in the country.
Writer's Tears following on from winning best blend award at the Irish Whiskey Awards 2013 are delighted to herald the release of their exclusive 2013 Cask Strength for a domestic exclusive with the Celtic Whiskey Shop, Dawson St. Dublin. For the month of October this limited release will only be available in Ireland through Ally at the Celtic Whiskey Shop.
Writers Tears Cask Strength is at 53% this year and is Ireland’s most exclusive Whiskey. A vatting of Single Pot Still and Single Malt, this is distilled 3 times and carefully aged in American Oak Casks. Each year Bernard Walsh selects a handful of exceptional casks to make this the benchmark for Super Premium Cask Strength Irish Whiskey. It is available in strictly limited quantities with only 2500 bottles produced in 2013.
Bernard Walsh, founder of Writers Tears, said “We are delighted once again to be able to offer such an amazing whiskey. The combination of Single Pot Still and Single Malt at Cask Strength, give this treasure an excellent flavour.”
Put plainly, ‘Cask Strength’ means that the whiskey is bottled at the natural strength, straight out of the barrel and Writers Tears choose only the finest American Oak Bourbon Casks to put its much loved triple distilled whiskey into. This years Cask Strength has come in at 53%, and has come out with a wonderful combination of soft bourbon notes with a light malty subplot. Following through with a creamy oak and spice that gives it magnificent superb complexity which balances its expressive strength.
There are only 2500 bottles available worldwide in this limited edition and each bottle comes individually numbered as a mark of high quality and is non-chill filtered.
Original source: Company Release
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Diageo unveils Ciroc in Times Square push
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research