CHINA: Wahaha wins latest court battle with Danone
A High Court judge in the Henan Province has this week ruled against two Danone subsidiaries, Myen Pte and Festine Pte.
The two firms had appealed an earlier ruling by the court in Wahaha's favour. They had alleged that Wahaha began operating subsidiaries outside of its joint venture with Danone and used them to illegally copy products that the two firms' had agreed would only be sold within the venture.
Danone, which signed a joint venture deal with Wahaha in 1996, is involved in legal disputes with the company in several countries around the world.
The Arbritration Institute of the Stockholm Chamber of Commerce, Sweden, is currently examining evidence from both companies, upon request from Danone. Its conclusions could be a watershed moment in the dispute, according to both companies.
A Danone spokesperson in China told just-drinks that a ruling is expected in July.
There is always a bubble inflating somewhere. Right now that somewhere appears to be the soft drinks market. Intense interest among Japanese buyers has created an opportunity for US private-equity fir...
Danone said the growth of its waters division is coming from emerging markets as it posted an increase in sales for the third quarter of the year....
Danone Waters posted an increase in like-for-like sales for the third quarter and said it remains confident about next year....
Following the news this week that The Coca-Cola Co is to open a still beverage production plant in China - the company's largest single investment in still beverage production facilities in the countr...
A UK television advert for Danone's Actimel has been banned by the country's advertising watchdog for failing to back up its claim that the yoghurt drink provides health benefits to children....
Danone said yesterday (30 September) it has agreed to sell its 51% stake in a joint venture with China's Wahaha, bringing to an end their long-running dispute and years of court battles across the glo...
Danone's trademark dispute with Wahaha may have ended, but the fallout from the one of the most long-running and high-profile disputes between joint venture partners in the drinks sector will not disa...
Danone has agreed to sell its 51% stake in a joint venture with China's Wahaha, bringing to an end their long-running dispute....
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Pernod Ricard sends Martell Mumm PJ head to Asia
- Pernod Ricard's Havana Club Union
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research