CHINA: Wahaha to invest in AGV - report
Chinese food and beverage company Wahaha Group is in talks to invest in Taiwanese rival AGV Products, according to reports.
The company is hoping to tap into AGV's R&D capabilities, the Economic Daily News reported today (30 March).
The newspaper also cited unnamed officials at AGV's parent Nice Group as saying the group may work together with Wahaha in the tourism or recreation business.
AGV Products Corp is principally engaged in the manufacture, processing and trading of food, as well as a range of beverages including green tea, herb tea and milk tea and juice. The company distributes its products to markets including China, Singapore, North America and Japan.
In 1996, Hangzhou Wahaha Group Co, a leading beverage producer in China, began a joint venture with Danone Group to form five new subsidiaries....
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages