AUSTRALIA: WA faces red wine glut
West Australian wine producers face a potentially damaging short-term red glut.
Large quantities of the 2003 vintage remain in storage tanks that will soon be needed for the southern hemisphere 2004 vintage, which will being in late January.
WA Wine Industry chief executive Sarah Dent said there had been a 165% in grape plantings in the past four years.
She estimated that there was about 5m litres of red wine not sold that is still in tanks in WA.
- A-B InBev's Move on Tennent's Super Makes Sense
- Analysis - Stock Spirits: Poland's number one
- What's on the M&A cards for San Miguel Brewery?
- Brand Diversification Driving Craft Brewery Growth
- Comment - Wine - Not on the List
- Pernod Ricard's Café de Paris Pear, Pomegranate
- PepsiCo CEO sees "profound" change in US consumers
- William Grant & Sons boosts Travel Retail team
- First Drinks becomes William Grant UK
- William Grant sinks GBP185,000 into "No" camp