SWEDEN: V&S, Maxxium merge travel retail ops
The drinks distribution group Maxxium has merged its existing travel retail operations with those of one of its owners V&S Group in the Nordic region. The merged portfolios will now operate under one flag, Maxxium Nordic Travel Retail.
The move is part of the group's strategy, announced last year, to expand significantly its global travel retail (GTR) operations to cover a number of new regions.
This integrated business makes Maxxium Nordic Travel Retail the clear market leader in the region. The portfolio includes Absolut Vodka, Danzka Vodka, Xante, Aalborg and Gammel Dansk as well as leading regional brands from V&S and Rémy Martin Cognac, Cointreau, The Famous Grouse, The Macallan and Jim Beam Bourbon from Maxxium. The company also represents third party partners, including Whyte & McKay, Stroh, Antinori, Faustino, Williams & Humbert, Henkell and Hugel.
The expanded organisation will be headed by Erik Thomsen, who joins Maxxium as travel retail director Northern Europe. He was previously purchasing director at Inflight Service.
John Mangiacapra, Managing Director of Maxxium Global Travel Retail, said: "By bringing together the Maxxium and V&S Group brands, we have been able to strengthen and deepen our sales, marketing and supply chain management resources in the Nordic region. This creates a market leading company which provides an outstanding platform for us to work even more effectively with our trade partners to serve the consumer and thus build our great brands."
Maxxium Worldwide is jointly owned by four independent drinks companies - The Edrington Group, Jim Beam Brands, Rémy-Cointreau and V&S Group.
As Pernod Ricard, Allied Domecq and Fortune Brands close in on the biggest drinks industry deal since the sale of Seagram, opinion about how the deal will be structured and who stands to win and lose ...
Remy Cointreau is looking to restructure its Champagne business, according to local reports....
Remy Cointreau has posted a drop in full year net profit in spite of increasing revenues....
Remy Cointreau has signed a five-year credit facility for around €500m....
Remy Cointreau has gone to holders of one of its bonds to gain permission to complete the sale of its stake in Bols....
V&S Absolut Spirits has opened a new distillery in Nöbbelöv, just outside Åhus....
Remy Cointreau has posted a slight rise in revenue growth for fiscal year 2005....
The Polish unit of Remy Cointreau has pulled out of the race for a majority stake in Polmos Bialystok....
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Category Innovations - Scotch Whisky VII
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China