POLAND: V&S completes purchase of Zielona Gora
The Swedish spirits company, Vin & Sprit AB (V&S) has completed the purchase of an 85% stake in the Polish distillery, Lubuska Wytwornia Wodek Gatunkowych Polmos, in Zielona Gora from the Polish government. V&S, which owns the Absolut vodka brand, has paid the Polish government PLN129.2m ($33.8m) for Zielona Gora and has undertaken to invest a further PLN11m in the company over the next three years. Zielona Gora produces the vodka brand, Luksusowa, which has a 10% share of the domestic market, and has annual sales of around PLN500m.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- The Beer Engine that is Africa
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Belvedere proposes name change
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer