POLAND: V&S completes purchase of Zielona Gora
The Swedish spirits company, Vin & Sprit AB (V&S) has completed the purchase of an 85% stake in the Polish distillery, Lubuska Wytwornia Wodek Gatunkowych Polmos, in Zielona Gora from the Polish government. V&S, which owns the Absolut vodka brand, has paid the Polish government PLN129.2m ($33.8m) for Zielona Gora and has undertaken to invest a further PLN11m in the company over the next three years. Zielona Gora produces the vodka brand, Luksusowa, which has a 10% share of the domestic market, and has annual sales of around PLN500m.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part II: Beer & Cider
- just the Ten - Top News Stories of 2014
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018