POLAND: V&S completes purchase of Zielona Gora
V&S, which owns the Absolut vodka brand, has paid the Polish government PLN129.2m ($33.8m) for Zielona Gora and has undertaken to invest a further PLN11m in the company over the next three years. Zielona Gora produces the vodka brand, Luksusowa, which has a 10% share of the domestic market, and has annual sales of around PLN500m.
The deal is subject to official approval from the Polish interior minister.
Diageo's spiced rum brand, Captain Morgan, has made strong gains in the US spirits market but, as David Robertson reports, it has so far been unable to replicate this success in other markets....
Flavoured vodkas have been a major success story in the US where they have prospered on the back of strong sector growth and premiumisation. With European markets also showing consistent growth and so...
Anheuser-Busch will pay US$120m to settle a lawsuit out of court....
The legal battle between Anheuser-Busch and a beer distributor has come to an end....
Anheuser-Busch has seen its share recommendation reviewed by several investment banks following the release of disappointing Q2 figures yesterday (28 July)....
Bear Stearns has downgraded its rating for Anheuser-Busch and questioned the brewer's price-cutting policy....
The Absolut Spirits Company (ASCI) has received the go-ahead from the US Federal Trade Commission for its acquisition of Cruzan International....
Anheuser-Busch has countered attacks against the launch of its caffeine-infused B(E) beer....
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Global Travel Retail - What is the Grey Market?
- The European beer market - Focus
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Corporate Relations Director to leave Diageo
- Bacardi names new global communications head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Pernod Ricard pairs Usain Bolt with Mumm Champagne