SWEDEN: V&S buys Estonian operation
Swedish wine and spirits group Vin & Sprit is to acquire the Estonian company Sinebrychoff Eesti AS, a sales and marketing operation.
Sinebrychoff Eesti is owned by Oy Sinebrychoff Ab, a Finnish company owned by Carlsberg Breweries A/S, and the deal includes a distribution agreement regarding the sale of Sinebrychoff's brands on the Estonian market.
Peter Lagerblad, CEO of Vin & Sprit, said: "Estonia has a vodka tradition, but wine consumption is growing. There is considerable trade with primarily Finland. And it will be of great strategic importance for us to be established in Estonia when Estonia joins the EU.
"This acquisition and the continued cooperation with Sinebrychoff provide us with excellent conditions for becoming a leading importer of alcoholic beverages in Estonia."
Carlsberg has finally hooked up with a state-owned Vietnamese brewer....
Carlsberg has entered into negotiations with the IBM Group regarding a possible outsourcing of the Danish brewer's IT services in Europe....
Carlsberg's rating has been lowered following its disappointing Q1 figures earlier this week....
Carlsberg said today that global beer volume showed a 20% increase in the first quarter of the year driven by strong organic growth in BBH as well as a considerable contribution from acquisitions, inc...
Carlsberg has appointed a managing director for its Chinese operations....
Carlsberg has increased its ownership in Carlsberg Brewery Malaysia Berhad from 49.66% to 51%. The investment amounts to approximately US$6m....
The California Assembly Governmental Organization Committee has passed legislation that would ban the controversial "alcohol without liquid" (AWOL) device, which allows consumers to inhale alcohol by ...
The Bosnian government has put a majority stake in the country's brewery Banjalucka Pivara up for sale. Previous efforts to privatise the brewer have failed....
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Has Diet Coke passed its sell-by date? - Comment
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Diageo's Guinness Rye Pale Ale - NPD
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- Pernod Ricard wins Ron Matusalem 'Cuba' legal row
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages