SWEDEN: V&S buys Estonian operation
Swedish wine and spirits group Vin & Sprit is to acquire the Estonian company Sinebrychoff Eesti AS, a sales and marketing operation.
Sinebrychoff Eesti is owned by Oy Sinebrychoff Ab, a Finnish company owned by Carlsberg Breweries A/S, and the deal includes a distribution agreement regarding the sale of Sinebrychoff's brands on the Estonian market.
Peter Lagerblad, CEO of Vin & Sprit, said: "Estonia has a vodka tradition, but wine consumption is growing. There is considerable trade with primarily Finland. And it will be of great strategic importance for us to be established in Estonia when Estonia joins the EU.
"This acquisition and the continued cooperation with Sinebrychoff provide us with excellent conditions for becoming a leading importer of alcoholic beverages in Estonia."
Carlsberg has finally hooked up with a state-owned Vietnamese brewer....
Carlsberg has entered into negotiations with the IBM Group regarding a possible outsourcing of the Danish brewer's IT services in Europe....
Carlsberg's rating has been lowered following its disappointing Q1 figures earlier this week....
Carlsberg said today that global beer volume showed a 20% increase in the first quarter of the year driven by strong organic growth in BBH as well as a considerable contribution from acquisitions, inc...
Carlsberg has appointed a managing director for its Chinese operations....
Carlsberg has increased its ownership in Carlsberg Brewery Malaysia Berhad from 49.66% to 51%. The investment amounts to approximately US$6m....
The California Assembly Governmental Organization Committee has passed legislation that would ban the controversial "alcohol without liquid" (AWOL) device, which allows consumers to inhale alcohol by ...
The Bosnian government has put a majority stake in the country's brewery Banjalucka Pivara up for sale. Previous efforts to privatise the brewer have failed....
- Paddy Irish whiskey - The Facts
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Is the wine industry confusing its consumers?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Pernod in talks to sell Paddy whiskey to Sazerac
- US wholesalers point to Absolut decline - report
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US
- Carbonates in India