SWEDEN: V&S bidders get second deadline
The deadline for the second round of bids for Vin & Sprit (V&S) has been set.
Following reports today (19 March) to that effect, just-drinks understands that the deadline for the second stage of bids for the Swedish state-owned company has been set for 27 March.
Last month, sources told just-drinks that Fortune is most likely to beat Pernod Ricard, Bacardi and Swedish private equity group EQT, which is applying in cooperation with investment company Investor, in the bidding.
V&S declined to comment on any of the processes of the sale when contacted by just-drinks today.
It's been a tough week for global distributor Maxxium, whose future now hangs in the balance following deals to secure the departures of Pernod Ricard and Rémy Cointreau last week....
Vodka is soon to take over from Scotch whisky as the most consumed spirit in the UK. But Chris Losh sees its success as a triumph of marketing over substance, and wonders whether consumer interest can...
Sauza, the Tequila brand owned by Beam Global, has denied a split with advertising agency Publicis Worldwide....
Beam Global Wine & Spirits has finished a busy week trumpeting the opportunity to cease back "full and clear control" of its various businesses....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Pernod Ricard is to take its newly-acquired Vin & Sprit brands, including Absolut vodka, out of the Maxxium Worldwide network next month, prompting a global re-organisation of the distribution venture...
Fortune Brands has confirmed that it is not interested in the Stolichnaya vodka brand....
Absolut is to support Helmut Lang's first institutional solo art exhibition, "Alles Gleich Schwer"....
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- The European beer market - Focus
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Corporate Relations Director to leave Diageo
- Bacardi names new global communications head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Diageo, Nolets unveil latest Ketel One campaign