SWEDEN: V&S bidders get second deadline
The deadline for the second round of bids for Vin & Sprit (V&S) has been set.
Following reports today (19 March) to that effect, just-drinks understands that the deadline for the second stage of bids for the Swedish state-owned company has been set for 27 March.
Last month, sources told just-drinks that Fortune is most likely to beat Pernod Ricard, Bacardi and Swedish private equity group EQT, which is applying in cooperation with investment company Investor, in the bidding.
V&S declined to comment on any of the processes of the sale when contacted by just-drinks today.
It's been a tough week for global distributor Maxxium, whose future now hangs in the balance following deals to secure the departures of Pernod Ricard and Rémy Cointreau last week....
Vodka is soon to take over from Scotch whisky as the most consumed spirit in the UK. But Chris Losh sees its success as a triumph of marketing over substance, and wonders whether consumer interest can...
Sauza, the Tequila brand owned by Beam Global, has denied a split with advertising agency Publicis Worldwide....
Beam Global Wine & Spirits has finished a busy week trumpeting the opportunity to cease back "full and clear control" of its various businesses....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Pernod Ricard is to take its newly-acquired Vin & Sprit brands, including Absolut vodka, out of the Maxxium Worldwide network next month, prompting a global re-organisation of the distribution venture...
Fortune Brands has confirmed that it is not interested in the Stolichnaya vodka brand....
Absolut is to support Helmut Lang's first institutional solo art exhibition, "Alles Gleich Schwer"....
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- Interview- Veltins export manager Udo Bruns
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages