FRANCE: Vranken-Pommery targets global rosé markets with Castel deal
The Reims-based group is set to expand the footprint for its rose wine from the deal
Champagne house Vranken-Pommery is set to step up the distribution of its rosé wines globally after signing a joint-venture agreement with fellow French wine group Castel.
The JV will be called Listel SA, with the two partners each holding 50% of the capital. The tie-up is subject to regulatory approval.
Vranken-Pommery will provide Castel "with the supplies needed in terms of both quality and quantity to apply the strategy aimed at conquering international markets," a joint statement said today (18 November).
"In return, Castel will grant Vranken-Pommery access to its distribution networks, in particular on the high-potential markets of China, Russia and Africa."
The transaction will also provide scope for Vranken's Listel-Gris de Camargue and Billette-Rosé de Provence wines, already leaders in France, to reach new markets, with a sales target of around 40 million bottles annually, it adds.
"By combining resources with Castel in this way, Vranken-Pommery will reinforce its undertaking to develop Camargue rosé wines and distribute them worldwide," the statement said.
- Paddy Irish whiskey - The Facts
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Is single malt the Great White Hope for Scotch?
- Is the wine industry confusing its consumers?
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Pernod in talks to sell Paddy whiskey to Sazerac
- US wholesalers point to Absolut decline - report
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carbonates in India
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US