UK: Vranken-Pommery Monopole agent shuffles team
Percy Fox, one of the UK representatives for Vranken-Pommery Monopole, has appointed Adrian Beckett as brand executive for the French firm's Champagne brands.
Beckett will fill the newly created role from his previous position as marketing & sales co-ordinator at Percy Fox, the agency said this week. He will be working across the Pommery, Heidsieck & Monopole, Charles lafitte and Demoiselle brands.
Champagne sales have come under pressure in established markets, such as the UK, amid the economic downturn. Vranken this month reported a fall in the UK in 2008.
A spokesperson for Percy Fox told just-drinks that Beckett's new role would allow him to take "more responsibility for the day to day Champagne activity as well as managing some of their key sponsorship agreements".
His previous role has been split in two, with Fay Man now Percy Fox marketing coordinator and Julie Churchman the sales coordinator.
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- NPD - Moët Hennessy’s Glenmorangie Dornoch
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research