VR marketing heats up as William Grant & Sons unveils 3D Glenfiddich tour
William Grant's VR tour shows Glenfiddich's Dufftown distillery
The activation, which will initially roll out at Charles de Gaulle airport in Paris, takes users on a VR journey through the Dufftown site and its surrounding countryside, past its mash tun and copper pot stills. It mixes 3D computer imagery and live action film to immerse viewers "into the heart and soul of the Glenfiddich distillery", William Grant said yesterday.
The film will also be available on YouTube and join the growing number of VR video available online.
In taking the plunge into VR film, William Grant is following in the footsteps of US-based Tequila producer Patron Spirits, which unveiled its own 360-degree video last year.
The Patron campaign, which started out in a single New York State retail outlet, has since been expanded and according to management was a hit with customers at the TFWA exhibition in Cannes in October. The film showed the Hacienda Patrón and distillery from the viewpoint of a bee.
William Grant said yesterday that the Glenfiddich film will be showcased at a series of global experiential tasting events in bars and Travel Retail environments throughout this year.
In September last year, Pernod Ricard's The Glenlivet knocked Glenfiddich off the top spot to become the world's biggest-selling single malt.
Primarily known as a player in Scotch whisky, in recent years William Grant has broadened its portfolio through a mixture of brand innovation such as Hendrick’s and acquisition with Drambuie. While a ...
Plimsoll Publishing’s Distilleries (UK) Analysis provides a detailed overview of the UK Distilleries (UK) market and delivers a comprehensive individual analysis on the top 90 companies, including WIL...
Plimsoll Publishing’s Wineries & Distillers (GLOBAL) Analysis provides a detailed overview of the UK Wineries & Distillers (GLOBAL) market and delivers a comprehensive individual analysis on the top 1...
The global alcoholic drinks market will have a moderate growth rate during the forecast period....
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Cognac is back - is Remy Cointreau ready?
- Soft drinks is losing the recycling game
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- Pernod Ricard posts solid YTD sales jump - results
- Pernod Ricard YTD fiscal-2017 sales performance
- Cognac needs innovation at bottom end - Pernod
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World