Product Launch - US: Votto Vines Importing's B.B. King Signature Collection
Click through to view Votto Vines Importing's B.B. King Signature Collection
Votto Vines Importing's B.B. King Signature Collection
Category - Wine; Crianza blend (red), 13.5% abv; Verdejo (white), 12.5% abv
Available - From yesterday (18 March)
Location - Initially in Memphis and Tennessee, later nation-wide
Price – SRP of US$13.99 per bottle
Votto Vines Importing has teamed up with B.B. King to launch a line of wines in the US bearing the blues legend's name.
The B.B. King Signature Collection was launched in Memphis and Nashville yesterday (18 March) with the rollout to be extended across the country at a later date, Connecticut-based Votto Vines said. Two wines are available, red and white, both sourced from the Bodega Santa Cruz Winery, Votto Vines said.
This month, Proximo Spirits launched Three Olives Marilyn Monroe Strawberry Vodka in partnership with the estate of Marilyn Monroe.
B.B. KING TO LAUNCH LINE OF SIGNATURE WINES IN THE US
HAMDEN, CT, March 18, 2013
Blues legend B.B. King, in collaboration with Votto Vines Importing, is proud to release a new line of signature wines bearing his name across the United States. The Rock and Roll and Blues Hall of Famer will debut the B.B. King Signature Collection in the strategic markets of Memphis and Nashville with roll-out planned to the B.B. King’s Blues Clubs and in retail stores, wine bars and music clubs throughout the country; roll-out begins today.
Exemplifying the grace and elegance of the blues, the B.B. King Signature Collection represents the tradition, quality and excellence of B.B. King and his music. At 87 years old, B.B. King has won over 15 Grammy awards, has performed in 88 countries and still frequently tours all over the world. With hundreds of performances throughout Europe under his belt, the emerging region of Spain was selected as the source for this signature collection. A fitting choice for the wines of one of the most-beloved musicians of all time, Spain was also the host of the original all-star “Guitar Legends” concert series, which in 1991 gathered and celebrated 27 of the world’s best guitarists, including B.B. King, over 5 days of completely sold out shows.
The B.B. King Signature Collection will be comprised of a red wine and a white wine for music fans and wine lovers alike. Both wines are sourced from the award winning Bodega Santa Cruz Winery, which has been producing wine for over 60 years and is located in the up-and-coming D.O. wine region of Almansa, Spain. B.B. King Signature Collection Red 2010 is a Crianza blend made from Garnacha, Syrah, and Cabernet Sauvignon, and B.B. King Signature Collection White 2011 is comprised of 100% Verdejo grapes. Both wines are food friendly and meant to be enjoyed as everyday drinking wines.
The wines will first launch in Memphis and Nashville, and soon thereafter the B.B. King Signature Collection will be available through select national, regional, local and online outlets. The suggested retail price of the wines is $13.99.
Original source: Company Release
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- A-B InBev to "kick the tyres" at Coca-Cola
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015