MEXICO: Volumes slow for Arca Continental in Q1 but profits climb
- Q1 net profits rise by 11.3% to MXN1.09bn (US$89.8m)
- Net sales in three months to the end of March increase by 8.3% to MXN13.38bn
- Operating profits also up by double figures, by 12.7% to MXN1.81bn
- Total volumes inch up, by 0.8%
Arca Continental posted its Q1 results late last week
Arca Continental has reported slowing volume growth for its first quarter, although sales and profits both held up well in the period.
The company, which is Latin America's second-largest Coca-Cola bottler, said late last week that net profits for the first three months of 2013 came in 11.3% up on the corresponding period a year earlier, at MXN1.09bn (US$89.8m). Net sales rose by 8.3% to MXN13.38bn, although volume sales were flat, up by 0.8%.
Operating profits held up well, increasing by 12.7% to MXN1.81bn.
While sparkling volumes slipped by 0.1% in the three-month period, water and still beverages collectively were up by 1%, with jug water volumes dipping by 0.7%.
The quarterly volumes contrast with full-year numbers, released in February, when volumes leapt by 20% in 2012.
"The actions that had the most impact (in Q1) were the optimisation of our pricing structure, cost improvements and perfecting our execution at the point of sale," said company CEO Francisco Garza Egloff. "Combined, these steps enabled us increase our market share and strengthen our leading position in the various categories and territories in which we participate.”
To read the company's official statement, click here.
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Comment - Diageo Making the Best of a Bad Job?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- How Modern Marketing Compounds My Twitter Shame
- NPD - Moët Hennessy’s Glenmorangie Dornoch
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- China to axe duty on Australian wine
- Treasury Wine Estates pulls out of LWF 2015
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research