MEXICO: Volumes slow for Arca Continental in Q1 but profits climb
- Q1 net profits rise by 11.3% to MXN1.09bn (US$89.8m)
- Net sales in three months to the end of March increase by 8.3% to MXN13.38bn
- Operating profits also up by double figures, by 12.7% to MXN1.81bn
- Total volumes inch up, by 0.8%
Arca Continental posted its Q1 results late last week
Arca Continental has reported slowing volume growth for its first quarter, although sales and profits both held up well in the period.
The company, which is Latin America's second-largest Coca-Cola bottler, said late last week that net profits for the first three months of 2013 came in 11.3% up on the corresponding period a year earlier, at MXN1.09bn (US$89.8m). Net sales rose by 8.3% to MXN13.38bn, although volume sales were flat, up by 0.8%.
Operating profits held up well, increasing by 12.7% to MXN1.81bn.
While sparkling volumes slipped by 0.1% in the three-month period, water and still beverages collectively were up by 1%, with jug water volumes dipping by 0.7%.
The quarterly volumes contrast with full-year numbers, released in February, when volumes leapt by 20% in 2012.
"The actions that had the most impact (in Q1) were the optimisation of our pricing structure, cost improvements and perfecting our execution at the point of sale," said company CEO Francisco Garza Egloff. "Combined, these steps enabled us increase our market share and strengthen our leading position in the various categories and territories in which we participate.”
To read the company's official statement, click here.
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages