US: Volumes hold firm, but Coca-Cola Co numbers dip in H1 and Q2
- Half-year net profits fall by 5.2% to US$4.23bn
- Net sales in six months to end of June decrease by 2.7% to $23.15bn
- Operating profits in first half of 2014 down by 1.9% to $5.55bn
- Q2 net profits slip by 3.3% to $2.6bn
- Net sales in three months to end of June dip by 1.4% to $12.58bn
- Quarterly operating profits down similarly, by 1.3% to $2.38bn
The Coca-Cola Co reported its H1 and Q2 results earlier today
The Coca-Cola Co has seen sales and profits struggle in both the first half of 2014 and the second quarter.
"We have delivered sound financial performance year to date and demonstrated sequential improvement in our global volume growth. While I am pleased with our progress to date, we remain focused on the work required to return our business to the level of sustainable growth we and our shareowners expect." - Muhtar Kent, CEO & chairman
"For the second half of the year, we expect the unfavourable impact of structural items to be partially offset by the reduction in our underlying effective tax rate, resulting in a net unfavourable impact of $0.02 to comparable EPS."
Click here for a full analysis of Coca-Cola's results.
For coverage of Coca-Cola's Q1 results in April, click here.
To read what investors thought of Coca-Cola's performance, click here.
To read about Coca-Cola CEO Muhtar Kent's backing of his company's World Cup campaign in Brazil despite flat volumes, click here.
To read the company's official statement, click here.
The Coca-Cola Co is to partner with Northern Irish fashion designer JW Anderson, to launch Diet Coke limited-edition aluminium bottles, t-shirts, bags and notebooks in the UK....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research