UK: Voltz Distribution signs Portugal deal
Voltz Distribution UK has appointed Estrela Iberica Technologies as its sole distributor for the Voltz energy shot health drink in Portugal.
The deal marks the beginning of the European roll-out of the popular energy drink first launched in the UK earlier this year, the company said today (11 September).
"The energy drink market is very new in Portugal," said Greg Brownlee, director of Estrela Iberica Technologies.
"We anticipate the introduction of such a new and exciting concept like Voltz will prove particularly popular and we are therefore delighted to become Portugal's sole distributor for Voltz."
"The active ingredients in Voltz are a healthy complex of B Vitamins, playing a key role in energy production by breaking down carbohydrates, proteins and fat," said Rob Arnold, CEO of Voltz Distribution UK.
Hansen Natural plans to expand into new markets in 2010 after its Monster Energy drink and a distribution deal with Coca-Cola Enterprises helped the firm to increase sales and profits in 2009....
- Analysis - SABMiller to add bolt-ons in Africa?
- India: Everyone's Favourite Spirits Market
- A-B InBev's Move on Tennent's Super Makes Sense
- Brand Diversification Driving Craft Brewery Growth
- Comment - SABMiller and Diageo: A Tie-Up Too Far
- Diageo scraps Arthur's Day, but singer left sad
- SodaStream silent on John Lewis pullout in UK
- William Grant sinks GBP185,000 into "No" camp
- PepsiCo CEO sees "profound" change in US consumers
- SABMiller launches Grolsch in a jar - video