LITHUANIA: Vodka sales rise before June tax increase
Ahead of a new excise duty effective from 1st June 2001 two leading Lithuanian vodka producers both reported an increase in sales for the month of May. According to Lithuanian press the country's largest vodka producer, Stumbras saw sales rise from 7.401m litai (US$1.8m) to 9.634m litai in May. While another leading producer Vilniaus Degtine reported a rise in sales from 2.733m litai to 3.03m litai for the same period.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- just The Preview - Diageo's FY preliminaries
- Analysis - SABMiller's Australian issues continue
- Focus - SABMiller's Q1 Performance by Region
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's H1 & Q2
- NPD: Alcohol Beverage “Mash-Ups” Fuel Innovation
- Diageo silent over Shuijingfang writedown report
- Sales, profits fall at Moet Hennessy in H1
- Diageo's Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned
- Britvic promotes GB marketing head to global post
- Champagne Nicolas Feuillatte appoints new CEO