LITHUANIA: Vodka sales rise before June tax increase
Ahead of a new excise duty effective from 1st June 2001 two leading Lithuanian vodka producers both reported an increase in sales for the month of May. According to Lithuanian press the country's largest vodka producer, Stumbras saw sales rise from 7.401m litai (US$1.8m) to 9.634m litai in May. While another leading producer Vilniaus Degtine reported a rise in sales from 2.733m litai to 3.03m litai for the same period.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Comment - Hybrid Spirits: Innovation or Laziness?
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- Brewers Feel Prolonged Russian Winter
- Focus - Heineken's H1 Performance by Region
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- Portman finds against Diageo "mix it up" tagline
- Bacardi sees North America president step down