LITHUANIA: Vodka sales rise before June tax increase
Ahead of a new excise duty effective from 1st June 2001 two leading Lithuanian vodka producers both reported an increase in sales for the month of May. According to Lithuanian press the country's largest vodka producer, Stumbras saw sales rise from 7.401m litai (US$1.8m) to 9.634m litai in May. While another leading producer Vilniaus Degtine reported a rise in sales from 2.733m litai to 3.03m litai for the same period.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- SABMiller edges Diageo as beer trumps spirits
- Focus - SABMiller's FY Sales Performance by Region
- Will Keurig Kold come to Coca-Cola Co's Rescue?
- Comment - Heineken's move for Pivovarna Lasko
- Rémy Cointreau eyes recovery after Q4 bounceback
- Carlsberg exec joins Diageo as Africa chief steps
- Diageo YTD sales come in flat
- Belvedere unveils executive team
- Stock Spirits recruits Drambuie head for MD role