RUSSIA: Vodka production falls but black market share on increase
Russia cut its vodka and hard liquor production by 9% to 122m decalitres in 2000 compared to volumes in 1999, according to the Ethyl Alcohol Producers and Distributors Association. Vladimir Tsygankov, the Association's chairman, said that production had fallen due to the increase on average of 40% of alcohol excise duties.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- SABMiller edges Diageo as beer trumps spirits
- Comment - Heineken's move for Pivovarna Lasko
- Will Keurig Kold come to Coca-Cola Co's Rescue?
- Focus - SABMiller's FY Sales Performance by Region
- Rémy Cointreau eyes recovery after Q4 bounceback
- Carlsberg exec joins Diageo as Africa chief steps
- Bacardi cuts jobs at Global Brands unit
- Diageo targets Millennials with DeLeon ads
- Belvedere unveils executive team