RUSSIA: Vodka merger moves closer - report
Two major Russian distillers have started to merge their distribution networks, according to local reports.
The Russian Wine and Vodka Company (RVVK), and OST-Alco are moving to create a "unified sales system", RVVK president Konstantin Popov was quoted as saying in Russian business daily Vedomosti yesterday (21 March).
The report said that the two groups had begun talks on a wider joint venture in December but both parties remained unsure how to proceed. RVVK and OST-Alco both control a 3.8% share of Russia's vodka market, Vedomosti said. If the two distillers were to merge, the enlarged group would be hot on the heels of St. Petersburg-based Veda, which controls just over 8% of the market.
RVVK began operations in 1993 when it became the Russian distributor for Finlandia vodka and has handled the former Allied Domecq portfolio in Russia. Its main brand is Flagship vodka.
OST-Alco produces vodka under the Stolnaya, Shustov and Bogorodskaya brands.
As Pernod Ricard, Allied Domecq and Fortune Brands close in on the biggest drinks industry deal since the sale of Seagram, opinion about how the deal will be structured and who stands to win and lose ...
Cautious optimism is probably the best way to describe today's press reaction to Pernod's friendly bid for Allied Domecq....
Spirits firm Allied Domecq has agreed to a takeover bid from smaller rival Pernod Ricard, subject to agreement from Allied shareholders....
Allied Domecq last night accepted Pernod Ricard's offer to buy the UK-based drinks giant....
Allied Domecq today delivered a 7% increase in first half group profits before tax to £285m. Earnings per share were up 7% to 19.2p, turnover that was flat at £1,700m....
Drinks producer and distributor Todhunter International has said that its controlling shareholder, CL Financial, is interested in acquiring some of the brands of Allied Domecq that may become availabl...
Pernod Ricard has had its rating raised....
Allied Domecq has added a new flavour to its Malibu range. The company said yesterday that it would be launching Malibu Passion Fruit in the US from April 15....
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- India overtakes France for Pernod Ricard
- New whisky distillery set for Edinburgh
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research