EUROPE: Vodka marketing director exits Diageo
Diageo's vodka marketing director has left the company
Diageo has confirmed that its vodka marketing director for Western Europe, Simon Breckon, has left the company, after less than a year in the role.
Breckon had worked for Diageo for seven years in total, the company said in an e-mailed statement to just-drinks today (10 July). However, the company would not comment on the reason for Breckon's departure.
Brands within Breckon's remit included Smirnoff, Ciroc and Ketel One.
"In the Western Europe role, Simon has created compelling brand strategies and marketing programmes across the category," the statement said.
Prior to his role as vodka marketing director, Breckon was Diageo's global director for gin, helping reposition Tanqueray, the statement added. He was also previously marketing director for Nigeria and regional brand director for Guinness Africa.
A Diageo spokesperson also declined to confirm a report that Diageo’s Western Europe white spirits marketing director, Philip Gladman, is taking the vacant role on an interim basis.
The penultimate part of just-drinks' review of 2012 looks at a tumultuous year for the wine category....
Hats off the Sunday Telegraph for breaking the story today (9 December) that Diageo has been sniffing around Beam Inc....
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Coca-Cola Enterprises Q1 2016 results - Preview
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Private equity poised for SABMiller Europe buy?
- Molson Coors' Rekorderlig Cider Cocktails - NPD
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends