EUROPE: Vodka marketing director exits Diageo
Diageo's vodka marketing director has left the company
Diageo has confirmed that its vodka marketing director for Western Europe, Simon Breckon, has left the company, after less than a year in the role.
Breckon had worked for Diageo for seven years in total, the company said in an e-mailed statement to just-drinks today (10 July). However, the company would not comment on the reason for Breckon's departure.
Brands within Breckon's remit included Smirnoff, Ciroc and Ketel One.
"In the Western Europe role, Simon has created compelling brand strategies and marketing programmes across the category," the statement said.
Prior to his role as vodka marketing director, Breckon was Diageo's global director for gin, helping reposition Tanqueray, the statement added. He was also previously marketing director for Nigeria and regional brand director for Guinness Africa.
A Diageo spokesperson also declined to confirm a report that Diageo’s Western Europe white spirits marketing director, Philip Gladman, is taking the vacant role on an interim basis.
The penultimate part of just-drinks' review of 2012 looks at a tumultuous year for the wine category....
Hats off the Sunday Telegraph for breaking the story today (9 December) that Diageo has been sniffing around Beam Inc....
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Will Coca-Cola Co’s Dunkin’ Donuts move pay off?
- Heineken's Q3 2016 results - Preview
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Ten ways to successfully target older consumers
- Diageo weathers Thailand alcohol ban
- SWA's David Frost to leave for foreign office role
- Stock Spirits appointments provoke investor unrest
- Heineken's YTD performance by region - Focus
- Seedlip eyes global growth with export deal
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends